Science in the Parks is an interactive outreach program designed for children of all ages, especially preschool through middle school, as well as their families. The free program visits six parks each summer in the Ogden area, in conjunction with Ogden School District’s free summer lunch program. Each week we visit a different park, and each day of the week we present a different collection of interactive, playful, and fun science activities.
Our tour is back for the summer of 2015! Here’s the list of dates and parks that we’ll be at from 11:30-1:00, Monday through Friday, offering free, playful science for families to engage with:
- June 8-12, 2015 at Lorin Farr Park (769 Canyon Road, Ogden)
- June 15-19, 2015 at 4th Street Park (502 Wall Avenue, Ogden)
- June 22-26, 2015 at Monroe Park (850 30th Street, Ogden)
- June 29 – July 2, 2015 at Jaycee Park (2465 Fillmore Avenue, Ogden)
*Note: holiday on July 3
- July 6-10, 2015 at Mt. Ogden Park (3144 Taylor Avenue, Ogden)
- July 13-17, 2015 at West Ogden Park (751 West 24th Street, Ogden)
You might also be interested in our sister program, Arts in the Parks. (We’re their biggest fans.)
We’re grateful to a long list of supporters both within and beyond Weber State University, devoted staff and volunteers, and especially all of the children and families who come to play.