Science in the Parks is an interactive outreach program designed for children of all ages, especially preschool through middle school, as well as their families. The free program visits six parks each summer in the Ogden area, in conjunction with Ogden School District’s free summer lunch program. Each week we visit a different park, and each day of the week we present a different collection of interactive, playful, and fun science activities.
Here’s our list of dates and parks for 2019. Updates to the calendar and other news is posted on our blog, too:
- June 10-14: Lorin Farr Park (769 Canyon Road)
- June 17-21: Monroe Park (850 E 30th Street)
- June 24-28: Lester Park (663 E 24th Street)
- July 1-3: Mt. Ogden Park (3144 Taylor Avenue)
(Note: short week due to July 4 holiday)
- July 8-12: 4th Street Park (275 4th Street)
- July 15-19: West Ogden Park (751 W 24th Street)
All activities are free to all comers, hosted from approximately 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM, coinciding with Ogden School District’s free lunch program hosted at each of these parks. Each day of the week will celebrate a different theme and a different set of activities, and these will be cycled through at each park. We’ve teamed up with Arts in the Park again so that we follow them through town.
Also, take a look at:
- some more background and information,
- read our recent news,
- contact us,
- volunteer, or
- explore other resources we’re developing.
We’re grateful to a long list of supporters both within and beyond Weber State University, devoted staff and volunteers, and especially all of the children and families who come to play.