Science in the Parks is an interactive outreach program designed for children of all ages, especially preschool through middle school, as well as their families. The free program visits six parks each summer in the Ogden area, in conjunction with Ogden School District’s free summer lunch program. Each week we visit a different park, and each day of the week we present a different collection of interactive, playful, and fun science activities.
Our tour is back for the summer of 2017!
Here’s the 2017 list of dates and parks that we’ll be at, offering free, playful science for families to engage with.
- June 5-9, 2017 at Lester Park (663 24th Street, Ogden)
- June 12-16, 2017 at Lorin Farr Park (769 Canyon Road, Ogden)
- June 19-23, 2017 at 4th Street Park (275 4th Street, Ogden)
- June 26-30, 2017 at West Ogden Park (751 West 24th Street, Ogden)
- July 5-7, 2017 at Monroe Park (850 30th Street, Ogden)
*Note: No lunch or science hosted on July 3-4.
- July 10-14, 2017 at Mt. Ogden Park (3144 Taylor Avenue, Ogden)
All activities are free to all comers, hosted from approximately 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM, coinciding with Ogden School District’s free lunch program hosted at each of these parks. Each day of the week will celebrate a different theme and a different set of activities, and these will be cycled through at each park. We’ve teamed up with Arts in the Park again so that we follow them through town.
Also, take a look at:
- some more background and information,
- read our recent news,
- contact us,
- volunteer, or
- explore other resources we’re developing.
We’re grateful to a long list of supporters both within and beyond Weber State University, devoted staff and volunteers, and especially all of the children and families who come to play.