We’re looking forward another summer of science outside in Ogden City Parks! Here’s our schedule for 2019, 11:30a-1:00p at each of the following:
- June 10-14: Lorin Farr Park (769 Canyon Road)
- June 17-21: Monroe Park (850 E 30th Street)
- June 24-28: Lester Park (663 E 24th Street)
- July 1-3: Mt. Ogden Park (3144 Taylor Avenue)
(Note: short week due to July 4 holiday)
- July 8-12: 4th Street Park (275 4th Street)
- July 15-19: West Ogden Park (751 W 24th Street)
Science in the Parks is a FREE, interactive, hands-on programs hosted by Weber State in Ogden City parks and in tandem with Ogden School District’s free lunch program. We spend a week at each of our six different parks in Ogden, welcoming families to drop in and play with a different theme of activities each day of a given week. We include opportunities for kids of all ages to build, play, and experiment in curiosity-driven science in engaging and accessible ways.
Science in the Parks is at a different location each week (see above), Monday through Friday (excluding July 4-5) from 11:30 to 1:00 in coordination with lunch programs.
You should also check out Arts in the Parks as we follow each other around town each summer. They’re at a different park each week, so you can typically hang out at one park for two weeks in a row and get both arts and sciences. (Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference!)